What Happened in WW2 Today?
A lot of events took place on today's date, 1 Feb, in the history of WW2. For example, in 1940, German submarine U-59 torpedoed and sank a British coaler in the English Channel. In 1942, aircraft of USS Yorktown and USS Enterprise launched the first American air attack in the Pacific War. If you find this type of "news" interesting, please consider joining WW2DB at Facebook or Twitter! Roughly three times each day, WW2DB contributors post "Today in History" items to members of these WW2DB communities, and particularly in the case of Facebook, members contribute by discussing the significance of each event. Members also frequently contribute significant WW2 events on particular days that are important to them, whether because the events are major turning points of the war or simply of personal significance.
We hope to see you at one or both of these WW2DB communities!
Back to Main | Back to 2010 News Index
Did you enjoy this article or find this article helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this article with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Visitor Submitted Comments
All visitor submitted comments are opinions of those making the submissions and do not reflect views of WW2DB.
- » WW2DB's 16th Anniversary (29 Dec 2020)
- » Hidekazu Tamura shared his feelings toward his war time internment (2 Sep 2020)
- » WW2DB's 15th Anniversary (29 Dec 2019)
- » Japan and Russia to continue negotiations on the Kuriles territorial dispute (22 Nov 2019)
- » Wreck of Akagi Found (21 Oct 2019)
- » Wreck of Kaga Found (18 Oct 2019)
- » See all news
- » 1,094 biographies
- » 332 events
- » 38,156 timeline entries
- » 1,126 ships
- » 337 aircraft models
- » 190 vehicle models
- » 352 weapon models
- » 117 historical documents
- » 225 facilities
- » 464 book reviews
- » 27,151 photos
- » 351 maps