World War II Aircraft
Small, fast, and agile, fighters struggled for air superiority in all theaters of the war.
Bombers and Attack Aircraft
Regardless of being ground attack aircraft, dive bombers, torpedo bombers, or heavy bombers, these aircraft dropped terror from the sky against ground targets and ships alike.
Aircraft of other classifications, whether transports, spotters, or flying boats, contributed to the war as much as their higher-profile combat-capable siblings.
List by Country
Use the dropdown menu above to list aircraft by country.
List by Manufacturer
Use the dropdown menu above to list aircraft by manufacturer.
List All Aircraft
Use the link above to see a list of all aircraft without filtering.
- » WW2DB's 15th Anniversary (29 Dec 2019)
- » Japan and Russia to continue negotiations on the Kuriles territorial dispute (22 Nov 2019)
- » Wreck of Akagi Found (21 Oct 2019)
- » Wreck of Kaga Found (18 Oct 2019)
- » USMC corrected Iwo Jima flag raiser identification (18 Oct 2019)
- » See all news
- » 1,076 biographies
- » 331 events
- » 37,343 timeline entries
- » 1,063 ships
- » 335 aircraft models
- » 187 vehicle models
- » 349 weapon models
- » 105 historical documents
- » 213 facilities
- » 463 book reviews
- » 26,440 photos
- » 314 maps
James Forrestal, Secretary of the Navy, 23 Feb 1945