World War II Aircraft
Small, fast, and agile, fighters struggled for air superiority in all theaters of the war.
Bombers and Attack Aircraft
Regardless of being ground attack aircraft, dive bombers, torpedo bombers, or heavy bombers, these aircraft dropped terror from the sky against ground targets and ships alike.
Aircraft of other classifications, whether transports, spotters, or flying boats, contributed to the war as much as their higher-profile combat-capable siblings.
List by Country
Use the dropdown menu above to list aircraft by country.
List by Manufacturer
Use the dropdown menu above to list aircraft by manufacturer.
List All Aircraft
Use the link above to see a list of all aircraft without filtering.
- » Passing of George H. W. Bush (1 Dec 2018)
- » Tuskegee Airman Lawrence Dickson's remains identified (30 Nov 2018)
- » Pearl Harbor sailor Walter Foley's remains identified (29 Nov 2018)
- » Sandy Gunn's wrecked Spitfire recovered in Norway (29 Nov 2018)
- » Dutch rail company NS to pay Holocaust reparations (28 Nov 2018)
- » Finland to probe role of Waffen-SS volunteers (31 May 2018)
- » See all news
- » 1,042 biographies
- » 326 events
- » 35,648 timeline entries
- » 728 ships
- » 329 aircraft models
- » 184 vehicle models
- » 340 weapon models
- » 102 historical documents
- » 175 facilities
- » 458 book reviews
- » 24,985 photos
- » 287 maps
General Douglas MacArthur at Leyte, 17 Oct 1944