Factories and Shipyards
Industrial centers around the world built and maintained thousands upon thousands of ships, aircraft, vehicles, small arms, and other gears of war.
Military Bases and Fortifications
A selection of fortifications, airfields, naval ports, and other strategic positions important to offensive and defensive campaigns in WW2.
Government Buildings and Military Headquarters
Generals, admirals, and leaders of various titles conducted war from these facilities equipped with sophisticated communications equipment, features for safety, and in many cases prestige.
For becoming prisoners of war, judged subversives, or simply being born of a certain ethnicity, countless of people were held captive at prison camps across the world.
A list of other types of facilities that held importance during the WW2 era.
List by Country
Use the dropdown menu above to list facilities by country.
List All Facilities
Use the link above to see a list of all facilities without filtering by category or country.
Facilities Interactive Map
Facility Section Founder: David Stubblebine
Contributors: Alan Chanter, C. Peter Chen, David Stubblebine
Did you enjoy this article? Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
- » Passing of George H. W. Bush (1 Dec 2018)
- » Tuskegee Airman Lawrence Dickson's remains identified (30 Nov 2018)
- » Pearl Harbor sailor Walter Foley's remains identified (29 Nov 2018)
- » Sandy Gunn's wrecked Spitfire recovered in Norway (29 Nov 2018)
- » Dutch rail company NS to pay Holocaust reparations (28 Nov 2018)
- » Finland to probe role of Waffen-SS volunteers (31 May 2018)
- » See all news
- » 1,042 biographies
- » 326 events
- » 35,648 timeline entries
- » 728 ships
- » 329 aircraft models
- » 184 vehicle models
- » 340 weapon models
- » 102 historical documents
- » 175 facilities
- » 458 book reviews
- » 24,985 photos
- » 287 maps