World War II Vehicles
Tracked and heavily armored, they were originally designed to break the trench stalemates in WW1, but by WW2, they had turned into highly mobile weapons.
Armored cars were lightly armed and wheeled, often used as command or reconnaissance vehicles, though they saw their share of combat.
Self-Propelled Guns and Artillery
Whether an anti-aircraft gun, or anti-tank gun, or rocket artillery, these self-propelled guns offered much greater flexibility than their towed predecessors.
Front lines could only advance with secure supply lines behind them. A wide array of transport vehicles was necessary to bring the needed supplies to the advancing fronts.
Vehicles of other classifications, whether tractors, motorcycles, or other types, contributed to the war as much as their higher-profile siblings.
List by Country
Use the dropdown menu above to list vehicle by country.
List All Vehicles
Use the link above to see a list of all vehicle without filtering by category or country.
- » Wreck of Kaga Found (18 Oct 2019)
- » USMC corrected Iwo Jima flag raiser identification (18 Oct 2019)
- » WW2-era bomb defused in Frankfurt (9 Jul 2019)
- » Birthday Celebration for WAAF Teleprinter Operator (7 Jul 2019)
- » Passing of Richard Cole, Doolittle Raider (10 Apr 2019)
- » See all news
- » 1,063 biographies
- » 331 events
- » 37,007 timeline entries
- » 1,052 ships
- » 333 aircraft models
- » 186 vehicle models
- » 345 weapon models
- » 104 historical documents
- » 195 facilities
- » 463 book reviews
- » 25,859 photos
- » 301 maps
Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, at Guadalcanal