World War II Vehicles
Tracked and heavily armored, they were originally designed to break the trench stalemates in WW1, but by WW2, they had turned into highly mobile weapons.
Armored cars were lightly armed and wheeled, often used as command or reconnaissance vehicles, though they saw their share of combat.
Self-Propelled Guns and Artillery
Whether an anti-aircraft gun, or anti-tank gun, or rocket artillery, these self-propelled guns offered much greater flexibility than their towed predecessors.
Front lines could only advance with secure supply lines behind them. A wide array of transport vehicles was necessary to bring the needed supplies to the advancing fronts.
Vehicles of other classifications, whether tractors, motorcycles, or other types, contributed to the war as much as their higher-profile siblings.
List by Country
Use the dropdown menu above to list vehicle by country.
List All Vehicles
Use the link above to see a list of all vehicle without filtering by category or country.
- » Hidekazu Tamura shared his feelings toward his war time internment (2 Sep 2020)
- » WW2DB's 15th Anniversary (29 Dec 2019)
- » Japan and Russia to continue negotiations on the Kuriles territorial dispute (22 Nov 2019)
- » Wreck of Akagi Found (21 Oct 2019)
- » Wreck of Kaga Found (18 Oct 2019)
- » See all news
- » 1,093 biographies
- » 332 events
- » 37,977 timeline entries
- » 1,112 ships
- » 337 aircraft models
- » 189 vehicle models
- » 352 weapon models
- » 116 historical documents
- » 225 facilities
- » 464 book reviews
- » 27,030 photos
- » 339 maps
Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, at Guadalcanal