World War II Vehicles
Tracked and heavily armored, they were originally designed to break the trench stalemates in WW1, but by WW2, they had turned into highly mobile weapons.
Armored cars were lightly armed and wheeled, often used as command or reconnaissance vehicles, though they saw their share of combat.
Self-Propelled Guns and Artillery
Whether an anti-aircraft gun, or anti-tank gun, or rocket artillery, these self-propelled guns offered much greater flexibility than their towed predecessors.
Front lines could only advance with secure supply lines behind them. A wide array of transport vehicles was necessary to bring the needed supplies to the advancing fronts.
Vehicles of other classifications, whether tractors, motorcycles, or other types, contributed to the war as much as their higher-profile siblings.
List by Country
Use the dropdown menu above to list vehicle by country.
List All Vehicles
Use the link above to see a list of all vehicle without filtering by category or country.
- » Finland to probe role of Waffen-SS volunteers (31 May 2018)
- » Your patronage is needed for WW2DB (17 May 2018)
- » Your help is needed to transcribe WW2 documents (17 May 2018)
- » Japanese National Archives released names of Unit 731 members (17 Apr 2018)
- » Wreck of USS Helena found (12 Apr 2018)
- » See all news
- » 1,036 biographies
- » 326 events
- » 35,053 timeline entries
- » 725 ships
- » 328 aircraft models
- » 184 vehicle models
- » 338 weapon models
- » 102 historical documents
- » 169 facilities
- » 452 book reviews
- » 24,775 photos
- » 287 maps