|Caption||British General Brian Horrocks (left) and King George VI of the United Kingdom meeting with the men of the American 82nd Airborne Division who captured the bridges at Grave and Nijmegen during Market Garden. ww2dbase|
|Source||ww2dbaseImperial War Museum|
|Photos on Same Day||13 Oct 1944|
|Photos at Same Place||Netherlands|
|Added By||David Stubblebine|
This photograph has been scaled down; full resolution photograph is available here (979 by 967 pixels).
|Licensing||According to the United Kingdom National Archives, Crown copyright material that has been created prior to 1 Jun 1957 is considered to be in the public domain.
Please contact us regarding any inaccuracies with the above information. Thank you.
Did you enjoy this photograph or find this photograph helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this photograph with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
- » Looted Painting "Madonna with Child" Returned to Poland (2 Jun 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Mannert L. Abele Found (29 May 2023)
- » Wreck of Montevideo Maru Found (25 Apr 2023)
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » See all news
- » 1,136 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 43,068 timeline entries
- » 1,224 ships
- » 349 aircraft models
- » 207 vehicle models
- » 371 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 252 facilities
- » 469 book reviews
- » 28,357 photos
- » 422 maps
James Forrestal, Secretary of the Navy, 23 Feb 1945