|Caption||USS Wasp launching aircraft to search for survivors following Typhoon Cobra, 23 Dec 1944 ww2dbase|
|Source||ww2dbaseUnited States Army Signal Corps via navsource.org|
|Identification Code||SC 265320|
|Photos on Same Day||23 Dec 1944|
|Added By||C. Peter Chen|
|Added Date||12 Aug 2014|
This photograph has been scaled down; full resolution photograph is available here (968 by 772 pixels).
|Licensing||Public Domain. Please support Paul Yarnall's effort with his navsource.org project.
Additionally, according to the United States copyright law (United States Code, Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 105), in part, "[c]opyright protection under this title is not available for any work of the United States Government".
Did you enjoy this photograph or find this photograph helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this photograph with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Change ViewDesktop View
Search WW2DB & Partner Sites
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Albacore Found (23 Feb 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » Joseph Eskenazi honored at US National World War II Museum (16 Jan 2023)
- » Beethoven Original Manuscript to be Returned to Heirs of its Pre-WW2 Owner (13 Jan 2023)
- » See all news
Current Site Statistics
- » 1,128 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 41,285 timeline entries
- » 1,206 ships
- » 346 aircraft models
- » 206 vehicle models
- » 370 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 248 facilities
- » 468 book reviews
- » 28,881 photos
- » 402 maps
Famous WW2 Quote"All that silly talk about the advance of science and such leaves me cold. Give me peace and a retarded science."
Thomas Dodd, late 1945