|Caption||USS North Carolina in heavy seas as seen from USS Ticonderoga, off the Philippine Islands, 12 Dec 1944 ww2dbase|
|Source||ww2dbaseUnited States Navy via navsource.org|
|Photos on Same Day||12 Dec 1944|
|Added By||C. Peter Chen|
|Added Date||15 Jun 2010|
This photograph has been scaled down; full resolution photograph is available here (2,250 by 1,560 pixels).
|Licensing||Public Domain. Please support Paul Yarnall's effort with his navsource.org project.
Additionally, according to the United States copyright law (United States Code, Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 105), in part, "[c]opyright protection under this title is not available for any work of the United States Government".
Did you enjoy this photograph or find this photograph helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this photograph with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Visitor Submitted Comments
All visitor submitted comments are opinions of those making the submissions and do not reflect views of WW2DB.
Change ViewDesktop View
Search WW2DB & Partner Sites
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Albacore Found (23 Feb 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » Joseph Eskenazi honored at US National World War II Museum (16 Jan 2023)
- » Beethoven Original Manuscript to be Returned to Heirs of its Pre-WW2 Owner (13 Jan 2023)
- » See all news
Current Site Statistics
- » 1,128 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 41,337 timeline entries
- » 1,207 ships
- » 346 aircraft models
- » 206 vehicle models
- » 370 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 248 facilities
- » 468 book reviews
- » 28,894 photos
- » 401 maps
Famous WW2 Quote"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
29 May 2010 11:27:06 AM
The ships were USS North Carolina (BB-55) and USS Ticonderoga (CV-14).