WW2DB Surpassed the 10,000th Photo Milestone
On 30 Nov 2010, World War II Database reached, and surpassed, the milestone of 10,000 photographs in its WW2 Photo Gallery. While the topic of this photo seems unassuming, the CCKW was indeed the workhorse that allowed the Americans to advance across Europe with such speed observed in 1944 and 1945. "Amateurs talk about tactics," said US Marine Corps General Robert Barrow in 1980, "but professionals study logistics."
Please allow us at WW2DB to take this opportunity to thank all the visitors for the nearly six years of support. Stay tuned by subscribing to our RSS feeds to find out what our 20,000th and 30,000th photos will be down the road!
Back to Main | Back to 2010 News Index
Did you enjoy this article or find this article helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this article with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Visitor Submitted Comments
All visitor submitted comments are opinions of those making the submissions and do not reflect views of WW2DB.
- » WW2DB's 16th Anniversary (29 Dec 2020)
- » Hidekazu Tamura shared his feelings toward his war time internment (2 Sep 2020)
- » WW2DB's 15th Anniversary (29 Dec 2019)
- » Japan and Russia to continue negotiations on the Kuriles territorial dispute (22 Nov 2019)
- » Wreck of Akagi Found (21 Oct 2019)
- » Wreck of Kaga Found (18 Oct 2019)
- » See all news
- » 1,094 biographies
- » 332 events
- » 38,156 timeline entries
- » 1,126 ships
- » 337 aircraft models
- » 190 vehicle models
- » 352 weapon models
- » 117 historical documents
- » 225 facilities
- » 464 book reviews
- » 27,151 photos
- » 351 maps
Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, 16 Mar 1945