|Caption||8 Dec 1941 Headlines in the Richmond (California) Daily Independent announcing the Pearl Harbor Attack from the day before. Note the sub-headline on the launching of a ship at the Todd Shipyard. ww2dbase|
|Source||ww2dbaseUnited States National Park Service|
|Photos on Same Day||8 Dec 1941|
|Added By||David Stubblebine|
|Added Date||8 Jan 2022|
This photograph has been scaled down; full resolution photograph is available here (1,349 by 759 pixels).
Did you enjoy this photograph or find this photograph helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this photograph with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Visitor Submitted Comments
All visitor submitted comments are opinions of those making the submissions and do not reflect views of WW2DB.
Change ViewDesktop View
Search WW2DB & Partner Sites
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Albacore Found (23 Feb 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » Joseph Eskenazi honored at US National World War II Museum (16 Jan 2023)
- » Beethoven Original Manuscript to be Returned to Heirs of its Pre-WW2 Owner (13 Jan 2023)
- » See all news
Current Site Statistics
- » 1,128 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 41,337 timeline entries
- » 1,207 ships
- » 346 aircraft models
- » 206 vehicle models
- » 370 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 248 facilities
- » 468 book reviews
- » 28,894 photos
- » 401 maps
Famous WW2 Quote"Since peace is now beyond hope, we can but fight to the end."
Chiang Kaishek, 31 Jul 1937
8 Mar 2022 05:12:06 PM
The â€śTodd Will Launch Shipâ€ť announcement concerned the SS Ocean Valley, launched 9 Dec 1941. This was the eighth merchant ship launched from the Todd-California Shipyard, soon to be renamed the Kaiser-Richmond Shipyards. Ocean Valley was an Ocean-class ship based on a British design that served until 1969.