|Caption||Corsair Mk II fighter aboard an escort carrier in the Indian Ocean, 1945; note outrigger device which allowed the fighter to extend beyond the flight deck thus saving deck space ww2dbase|
|Source||ww2dbaseImperial War Museum|
|Added By||C. Peter Chen|
This photograph has been scaled down; full resolution photograph is available here (800 by 590 pixels).
|Licensing||According to the United Kingdom National Archives, Crown copyright material that has been created prior to 1 Jun 1957 is considered to be in the public domain.
Please contact us regarding any inaccuracies with the above information. Thank you.
Did you enjoy this photograph or find this photograph helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this photograph with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Visitor Submitted Comments
All visitor submitted comments are opinions of those making the submissions and do not reflect views of WW2DB.
- » Looted Painting "Madonna with Child" Returned to Poland (2 Jun 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Mannert L. Abele Found (29 May 2023)
- » Wreck of Montevideo Maru Found (25 Apr 2023)
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » See all news
- » 1,136 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 43,061 timeline entries
- » 1,224 ships
- » 349 aircraft models
- » 207 vehicle models
- » 370 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 252 facilities
- » 469 book reviews
- » 28,348 photos
- » 422 maps
James Forrestal, Secretary of the Navy, 23 Feb 1945