|Caption||Wreckage of a Japanese A6M2 Zero fighter at Buliding 52 (Ordinance Machine Shop) at Fort Kamehameha, US Territory of Hawaii, 7 Dec 1941; the fighter was flown by Petty Officer 1st Class Takeshi Hirano ww2dbase|
|Source||ww2dbaseUnited States Air Force Museum|
|Photos on Same Day||7 Dec 1941|
|Added By||C. Peter Chen|
This photograph has been scaled down; full resolution photograph is available here (1,800 by 1,434 pixels).
|Licensing||Public Domain. According to the United States copyright law (United States Code, Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 105), in part, "[c]opyright protection under this title is not available for any work of the United States Government".
Please contact us regarding any inaccuracies with the above information. Thank you.
Did you enjoy this photograph or find this photograph helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this photograph with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Visitor Submitted Comments
All visitor submitted comments are opinions of those making the submissions and do not reflect views of WW2DB.
- » Looted Painting "Madonna with Child" Returned to Poland (2 Jun 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Mannert L. Abele Found (29 May 2023)
- » Wreck of Montevideo Maru Found (25 Apr 2023)
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » See all news
- » 1,136 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 43,068 timeline entries
- » 1,224 ships
- » 349 aircraft models
- » 207 vehicle models
- » 371 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 252 facilities
- » 469 book reviews
- » 28,357 photos
- » 422 maps
Captain Henry P. Jim Crowe, Guadalcanal, 13 Jan 1943