Type B-class Midget Submarine
|Displacement||47 tons full|
|Machinery||Battery/electric?, 40hp diesel, two counter-rotating screws|
|Range||500nm at 6 knots surfaced, 84nm at 6 knots submerged|
|Armament||2x457mm muzzle-loaded torpedoes|
Contributor: David Stubblebine
This article refers to the entire Type B-class; it is not about an individual vessel.
ww2dbaseJust one Ko-hyoteki Otsu Gata Type B midget submarine prototype was built in 1942 to test improvements to the Type A. Some sources suggest that a few Type A's were retrofitted into Type B's, but sources conflict.
ww2dbaseSOurces: Sources: Wikipedia; Naval History & Heritage Command; Combined Fleet.
Last Major Revision: Feb 2009
Did you enjoy this article? Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this article with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
- » Wreck of Akagi Found (21 Oct 2019)
- » Wreck of Kaga Found (18 Oct 2019)
- » USMC corrected Iwo Jima flag raiser identification (18 Oct 2019)
- » WW2-era bomb defused in Frankfurt (9 Jul 2019)
- » Birthday Celebration for WAAF Teleprinter Operator (7 Jul 2019)
- » See all news
- » 1,064 biographies
- » 331 events
- » 37,007 timeline entries
- » 1,052 ships
- » 333 aircraft models
- » 186 vehicle models
- » 345 weapon models
- » 104 historical documents
- » 195 facilities
- » 463 book reviews
- » 25,861 photos
- » 301 maps