Type B-class Midget Submarine
|Displacement||47 tons full|
|Machinery||Battery/electric?, 40hp diesel, two counter-rotating screws|
|Range||500nm at 6 knots surfaced, 84nm at 6 knots submerged|
|Armament||2x457mm muzzle-loaded torpedoes|
Contributor: David Stubblebine
This article refers to the entire Type B-class; it is not about an individual vessel.
ww2dbaseJust one Ko-hyoteki Otsu Gata Type B midget submarine prototype was built in 1942 to test improvements to the Type A. Some sources suggest that a few Type A's were retrofitted into Type B's, but sources conflict.
ww2dbaseSOurces: Sources: Wikipedia; Naval History & Heritage Command; Combined Fleet.
Last Major Revision: Feb 2009
Did you enjoy this article? Please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this article with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
- » WW2-era bomb defused in Frankfurt (9 Jul 2019)
- » Birthday Celebration for WAAF Teleprinter Operator (7 Jul 2019)
- » Passing of Richard Cole, Doolittle Raider (10 Apr 2019)
- » Wreck of Wasp Found (13 Mar 2019)
- » Wreck of Hornet Found (12 Feb 2019)
- » Wreck of Hiei Found (11 Feb 2019)
- » See all news
- » 1,058 biographies
- » 331 events
- » 36,582 timeline entries
- » 1,031 ships
- » 332 aircraft models
- » 184 vehicle models
- » 343 weapon models
- » 104 historical documents
- » 188 facilities
- » 460 book reviews
- » 25,627 photos
- » 290 maps
Joachim von Ribbentrop, German Foreign Minister, Aug 1939