|Caption||'Fat Man' implosion device being assembled, Tinian, Mariana Islands, Aug 1945 ww2dbase|
|Added By||C. Peter Chen|
|Added Date||7 May 2014|
Did you enjoy this photograph or find this photograph helpful? If so, please consider supporting us on Patreon. Even $1 per month will go a long way! Thank you.
Share this photograph with your friends:
Stay updated with WW2DB:
Visitor Submitted Comments
All visitor submitted comments are opinions of those making the submissions and do not reflect views of WW2DB.
Change ViewDesktop View
Search WW2DB & Partner Sites
- » Detonation of a WW2-Era Naval Mine (21 Mar 2023)
- » Wreck of USS Albacore Found (23 Feb 2023)
- » Accidental Detonation of a WW2-Era Bomb in Great Yarmouth (10 Feb 2023)
- » Joseph Eskenazi honored at US National World War II Museum (16 Jan 2023)
- » Beethoven Original Manuscript to be Returned to Heirs of its Pre-WW2 Owner (13 Jan 2023)
- » See all news
Current Site Statistics
- » 1,128 biographies
- » 336 events
- » 41,285 timeline entries
- » 1,206 ships
- » 346 aircraft models
- » 206 vehicle models
- » 370 weapon models
- » 123 historical documents
- » 248 facilities
- » 468 book reviews
- » 28,884 photos
- » 401 maps
Famous WW2 Quote"With Germany arming at breakneck speed, England lost in a pacifist dream, France corrupt and torn by dissension, America remote and indifferent... do you not tremble for your children?"
Winston Churchill, 1935
24 Jan 2017 11:46:44 AM
SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED:
Components for a third bomb were on hand in different places. Components were on Tinian, other components were at the Manhattan project sites in the United States, bomb casing, fuses,
and electronics were being assembled on Tinian, while new explosives being made at Los Alamos New Mexico.
ODD MAN OUT:
Shipments for the remaining assembly, for the third bomb, was cancelled by President Truman August 13, 1945...